Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

 Feburary 8th, 2023

After my group and I got together to discuss how we plan to do the project, we created a group chat so we could communicate quickly and effectively which worked out very well for us. When one of us had a concern or comment like, for example, how we plan to decorate the presentation we all wanted to make sure we were on board with the theme of our project to appeal to our audiences, a quick message went a long way and allowed for us to all be on the same page.  Each of my group members, Miguel, Hayden, and Abhiram  answered quickly and knew exactly how we were all going to contribute to the project and ensured we all did our parts.

Additionally, when creating a storyboard as a group, it gave us all the chance to collaborate on how we plan to incorporate  the shots in the most effective way without confusing our audience.  Since the plan was to incorporate various shots into a music video, some of the shots some of us including Hayden and I had in mind differed from the way Abhiram and Miguel perceived it so we made sure to collaborate as much as possible to prevent any confusion or conflict.

By drawing different shots on our storyboard paper, it allowed for us to truly see what suits our message the most and which can convey the most powerful message. Our storyboard was one of the many ways we approached and planned this project and truly gave us a visual representation on the way we can begin recording our  video. This allowed for an effective yet engaging way of all shots to be designed and written out to later be created in real life. We decided to create visual mediums that could strongly represent and depict our story without confusing the audience. Sinc, all of the lyrics to  our chosen song, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5, had various different messages behind it, we decided to create a story of a how a guy so infatuated with a girl that was so fixated on another guy which corresponded with the music video to convey a strong yet meaningful message. 

We wanted to build our brand to match Maroon 5 but instead we named ours Maroone 4 and began to film and had two guys in the video along with an 18 year old girl. Since our brand is targeted towards 15-25 year olds we wanted to make it as a brand teenagers or adults could relate to. We customized a brand and designed merchandise to match our brand so others could wear it and show it to their friends. We made social media posts to promote our brand and upcoming songs that would be releasing so everyone can come on board and enjoy our songs!


As we planned and brainstormed together how we plan to organize ourselves, we made a schedule of due dates to ensure we stay on track. I felt this was the best way to stay on track to ensure that our group is not procrastinating and to make sure we are all able to come together during days that are most feasible for one another to truly work together. Some of the issues we encountered were finding days where we could all work on our project together, however we were able to accommodate each other's needs. After, we needed to combine all the footage and put it into a music video along with creating a visually appealing presentation to present to our consumers in the best  manner we could.

    Ultimately,  I learned a lot from working on this project with my group. I learned how to move my schedule around to accommodate the schedule of others and to be more flexible in general. I have always been a very structured person, but I have learned to be more flexible with myself and with others. I have learned to take my time and trust the process! At first it almost felt like this project was going to be very very difficult but in the end, it was really fun and I really enjoyed working with my group and filming. I also learned how to become more comfortable behind a camera, I have never really been used to it but now I could say it's not as bad as I thought.  I feel the aspects that would be the most beneficial in developing my Cambridge Portfolio is truly the ability to be myself behind a camera and not try to be someone Im not. Additionally, the ability to work with others and become more flexible will allow me to be patient with others and myself to produce the best project to my ability.


Our Schedule:

Storyboard and Chart done by Monday January 23rd

Record video 1/28/2023

Finish editing video 1/29/2023

Finalize presentation 1/29/2023-1/31/2023

Practice presentation  once finished 2/1/2023


Research Chart:






No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT...

  Sunday, April 2, 2023 Hey guys, The journey has come to an end… It will definitely feel odd in the next few weeks to not be able to upload...