Sunday, March 12, 2023

Planning ahead...

 Sunday, March 12, 2023

Hey guys, 

On Tuesday, March 14, Sydney and I plan to meet to begin editing. Since last week, I gathered all of the shots captured on the day we filmed, and put them into a google file we will be able to begin to edit through there. We plan to edit our film on Adobe Premiere however, I am still not familiar with it so today I plan to watch a few youtube videos on how to navigate through it so that when Sydney and I edit, we can do it better.

I took matters into my own hands and went on youtube to figure out how to use this platform. I came across a youtube account, called  Think Media with over 2 million subscribers that have videos designed for beginners like me that want to learn more about how to navigate more advanced platforms and how to edit videos in the best ways possible. I subscribed and I am going to begin to watch their videos today so that this week when my partner and I begin to edit, I will actually know what I am doing!

This weekend I was brainstorming some soundtracks that I felt would really go well with our film. Since we are creating a horror opening, I wanted something that will evoke a sense of fear in the audience. So, I thought about specific films that I had watched in the past and which ones scared me the most. One of those films in fact was Halloween or The Nightmare on Elm Street. We want to look into having a few slasher movie soundtracks. At the beginning of the school year, we did an analysis essay on the film Psycho which I felt really created suspense and curiosity since our idea is similar to that film with the assailant being covered by the audience, maybe we can incorporate sounds similar to that one.


Professional Video Editing Software | Adobe Premiere Pro. https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html.“A Nightmare on Elm Street.” IMDb, IMDb.com, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087800/mediaindex“Psycho: Classic Horror Movies Posters, Classic Horror Movies, Horror Movie Posters.” Pinterest, 18 Jan. 2014, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/281475045434815394/.

      Professional Video Editing Software | Adobe Premiere Pro. https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT...

  Sunday, April 2, 2023 Hey guys, The journey has come to an end… It will definitely feel odd in the next few weeks to not be able to upload...