Thursday, February 23, 2023

First Group Meeting

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Hey guys,

    Today, I met with different peers in my class to discuss where we are as of today. I met with different classmates such as Matthew, Ana, Hayden, and Dylan and we were all able to pitch our ideas and how we plan to move forward with our projects. I was able to pitch my partner and I's idea to the group and allow them to critique and give me feedback on what I should do differently, or tips on how to make my opening more suspenseful. My partner and I shared a few ideas on how we plan to make our opening but we were not entirely sure how to do it. With the help of my peers today, I was able to have a better idea of how I plan to create my opening with my partner Sydney. 

    Hayden gave me some ideas on how to create my introduction to the opening scene. He suggested that I have a tracking shot of Carine walking to her dorm casually and then turning around and looking at the camera which would be the killer. Carine will begin running to her dorm through the dark hallway and is chased by the killer with a point-of-view shot from the killer who is chasing her. This is definitely something to consider as I feel like it is a great way to open up the scene.

    Matthew gave me a few tips on having a shot of Carine's mother in a frame cracked to symbolize the poor relationship she obtains with her mother. This shot would be captured at the end of the opening to show the audience that there is some turmoil there and that there is some trauma that is being endured by Carine. The transition to the next scene would be Carine waking up from a bad nightmare of being chased down the hallway by the killer to a call from her mother which wakes her up from this bad nightmare.

    Ana and Dylan gave me some tips on adding foley sound to the scene where Carine walks down the hallway. Layering breathing sounds with the footsteps will allow the audience to feel the fear and suspicion of what is going to occur next. The breathing sounds will increase as the killer gets closer to Carine showing that she is being followed. Right as the killer is about to reach Carine, she wakes up from the nightmare to a ringtone coming from her phone from a call from her mother. A close-up of Carine will be captured with heavy heartbeats in the background.

    Lastly, the transition shot may be a shattered image of Carine's mom to symbolize the poor relationship they have. Say hi to my group !!! :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT...

  Sunday, April 2, 2023 Hey guys, The journey has come to an end… It will definitely feel odd in the next few weeks to not be able to upload...